Sunday, February 12, 2012

Music Industry Reacts to Loss of Whitney Houston

Legendary pop vocalist Whitney Houston died unexpectedly on Feb. 11. 


Following are comments from some of the music industry professionals who worked with her.  The quotes came via The Recording Academy and the Associated Press.



"Six-time GRAMMY® winner Whitney Houston was one of the world's greatest pop singers of all time who leaves behind a robust musical soundtrack spanning the past three decades. Her powerful voice graced many memorable and award-winning songs. A light has been dimmed in our music community today, and we extend our deepest condolences to her family, friends, fans and all who have been touched by her beautiful voice.

"

-- Neil Portnow
President/CEO
The Recording Academy®

"Mine is only one of millions of hearts broken over the death of Whitney Houston.  I will always be grateful and in awe of the wonderful performance she did on my song, and I can truly say from the bottom of my heart, 'Whitney, I will always love you.  You will be missed.'"

-- Dolly Parton

"It's so stunning and unbelievable. I couldn't believe what I was reading coming across the TV screen."

-- Aretha Franklin

"Heartbroken and in tears over the shocking death of my friend, the incomparable Ms. Whitney Houston.  She will never be forgotten as one of the greatest voices to ever grace the earth."

-- Mariah Carey



No comments:

Post a Comment