Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Chuck Whiting’s Daily Diary 9-24-21 - Beth Nielsen Chapman

Chuck Whiting’s Daily Diary 9-24-21

The Americana Music Fest: Beth Nielsen Chapman 



 “Only the ones who believe ever see what they dream, ever dream what comes true.” — Beth Nielsen Chapman (I have Alabama roots, so taking in an extraordinary show by Beth Nielsen Chapman was extra special (sorry for the cliché). Beth Nielsen Chapman used her Americana appearance as an opportunity to provide a preview of her upcoming album. Her audience (me among them) was not disappointed. The artist has the uncanny ability to express deeply moving emotion on ballads, then rock fans to energetic ecstasy. Well, that might seem over the top. But I really did have a great time. “My co-writer Keb Mo said I needed a woman on this one,” she told us, launching into the playful and infectious “Put a Woman in Charge.” Beth celebrated the life and contributions of the late John Prine with “Walk in Heaven,” recalling how Prine, a cancer survivor, spent an afternoon with her in 2000 after she was diagnosed with breast cancer. The former Alabamian walked to a grand piano at the back of the stage to play one of her favorite new songs, “With Time.” There’s a lot more I could write here, but the bass line is that Beth Nielsen Chapman has the chops. The artist is musically gifted in so many ways, and she has excellent taste in material, co-writers, and supporting musicians. Her trumpet player (whose name both she and I forgot) was killer. I was disappointed to hear that her new album will not be released till 2022. Otherwise, I would have bought a CD on my way out. Oh well… something to look forward to. Check out my story to hear clips of a BNC song.) #ChuckWhiting #BethNielsenChapman #Americana #AmericanaFest #Music #CityWinery #LiveShows #Nashville #Tennessee #Festivals #Art #Arts #MusicCityArts 

Follow Chuck Whiting on Instagram or Facebook @Chuck.Whiting or @MusicCityArts

No comments:

Post a Comment