Speakers will range from hit singer/songwriter and vocal coach Judy Rodman and film music supervisor Donna Caldwell to Music Dish founder Eric DeFontenay and social networking marketing expert Ariel Hyatt. Seminars will cover topics such as fan and team building, booking, social media, vocal recording, writing game music, publicity, stage presence, producing, film and TV licensing, funding and touring.
(Photo: Vinny Ribas with The Delearys)
Tagged as the first music industry event of its kind, the three-day online conference will connect independent artists, professionals and businesses around the world with 60 straight hours of professional activities, beginning at 11 a.m. (EST) Feb. 26 and continuing till 11 p.m. (EST) Feb. 28. The event will be hosted by Nashville-based Indie Connect at http://www.VirtualMusicConference.com.
Artists, songwriters and others can log in from around the globe to view live and video artist showcases, explore a music industry trade show, see/hear in-depth presentations by noted music industry professionals, and make vital career connections.
"This is truly a global conference," said Indie Connect CEO Vinny Ribas. "We are excited to have participants registering from many different countries. It is just as exciting to have speakers hailing from Russia, New Zealand, The Netherlands, Great Britain, China, Canada and other countries."
Featured speakers will include
* Ariel Hyatt of Cyber PR ("Using Social Media and Online Marketing To Sell More Music Online").
* Hessel van Oorschot of Tribe of Noise in Germany ("2013: The Triumph of DIY Musicians and Songwriters").
* Jay Warsinske of Indie Power ("Building Your Ultimate Success Team!").
* Andrew Apanov of Dotted Music in Russia ("The Immortal Music Promotion Channel: Leveraging Email Marketing in 2013").
* Madalyn Sklar of GoGirls Music ("Expanding Your Presence with Social Media").
* Top-selling artist, hit songwriter, vocal coach and producer Judy Rodman ("Singing In The Studio").
* John Oszajca of Music Marketing Manifesto ("Direct to Fan Marketing in the New Music Business").
* Bob Baker of The Buzz Factor ("Guerrilla Music Marketing Online Masterclass")
* Tom Jackson of Onstage Success ("Developing Confidence Onstage").
* Brian Thompson of Thorny Bleeder ("Stand Out From The Crowd. Tap into the Full Potential of the Social Web").
* Donna Caldwell of Music Cue Review ("Licensing for Film and TV").
* Ian Clifford of Make It In Music in Great Britain ("Everything You Always Wanted To Know About Your Artist Website But Were Afraid To Ask").
* 2012 New Zealand Female Country Artist of the Year Aly Cook ("Successful Fan Funding").
* Eric DeFontenay of Music Dish, Music Dish China and MI2N ("The Music Industry in China").
* Bram of Indie Hit Maker ("Finding Success In Today's Music Industry: Leveraging Your Live Performance").
* Mike Shea of Alternative Press Magazine Inc. ("What It Takes To Be A Professional Musician").
* Jan Smith of Jan Smith Studios "Vocal Coach To The Stars" ("Good Touring Health").
* Brian Felsen of CD Baby ("Marketing Yourself").
* Michael Brandvold of Michael Brandvold Marketing ("Touring Secrets" Part 1).
* Rich Levy of Live Nation ("Sponsorships and Endorsements").
* Chris Siciliano of EMI Music ("Touring Secrets" Part 1).
* Tyler Palmer of StageIt.com ("Touring Secrets" Part 2).
* Publisher/song plugger/independent A&R representative Steve Bloch ("Publishers and Song Pluggers in Nashville").
* Producer/songwriter Gary Earl ("Get Your Music a Competitive Edge in Film & TV Market").
* Lynn "Royce" Taylor of The Imperials, The Stamps Quartet and The Vogues ("What It Means To Be A Christian Artist Or An Artist Who Is Christian").
Registrants can visit trade show booths day and night for professional advice and to learn about the latest music-related products and services. Artists will showcase their talents with live performances (TBA) and recorded videos. Participating artists will include classic rock acts such as Orleans ("Still The One" and "Dance With Me") and emerging country-pop acts Alayna and The Delearys.
Sponsors include StreetJelly.com, BeAppsolute.com, IndieHitMaker.com, The Business Side of Music Podcast, Music Dish, Music Connection Magazine, Indie Hit Maker, Media Design Services, MI2N, and Whiting Publicity & Promotions.
To learn more about attending the "IC Virtual Music Conference and Expo", visit http://www.VirtualMusicConference.com, send an email inquiry to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (615) 200-8081.