More than 400 emerging songwriters will take the stage along Demonbreun and Division from noon-midnight Friday-Sunday at venues such as the Best Western Music Row Lounge, Dan McGuinness Pub, Losers Bar & Grill, Mirkos Pasta & Wine, Red Rooster, Otter's Chicken & Brew, and Winners Bar & Grill.
The Best Western Music Row will host music industry booths and training sessions from 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Friday-Sunday. Attendees can receive hands-on advice, critiques and training on topics such as the craft of songwriting, recording techniques, publishing, song plugging, contracts, product development, audio podcast development, video production, management, and publicity.
"The 10th annual 'Nashville Songwriters Festival" is moving indoors to accommodate more writers and music venues," said Cornelius "Popcorn" Robertson, founder and coordinator of the event. "We're expecting songwriters to visit Nashville from as far away as Germany, Ireland and Australia. All of the shows are open to the general public."
Performers will include professional songwriters Charlie Allen, Eric Jerome Brodberg, Alexander Frost, Candice Graham, Gayla Graves, Danny Gravis, Donna Hiley, Bobby Keel, Les Kerr, Lisa Sanders, JD Smith and RB Stone.
Festival registration is $150 for three days, $110 for two days, and $60 for one day. The general public can enjoy three days of live music with a $20 armband. To register or for more information about the "Nashville Songwriters Festival", visit http://www.songwritersfestival.org, send an email inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (615) 424-1491.
Music industry trainers, exhibitors and sponsors include National Media Group, SAE Institute, Radio Free Nashville 107.1 LPFM, Treasure Isle Recording, Whiting Publicity & Promotions, and WICB-AM 1680.
Highlights of the festival are
* Music specialty areas for training on all aspects of the music industry from 11 a.m.-6 p.m. daily at the Best Western Music Row.
* Songwriter performances from noon-midnight daily at noted venues along Demonbreun and Division.
* A "Co-Writers Corner" in a special tent on Music Row.
* An "After-Hours Sing Ring" on Music Row.
* A "Grand Master" presentation honoring EMI Music songwriter RB Stone at 7:45 p.m. June 1 (Friday) at the Dan McGuinness stage.
* A "Lifetime Achievement Award" presentation honoring legendary studio engineer Milan Bogdan at 7:45 p.m. June 2 (Saturday) at the Dan McGuinness stage.