More than 400 songwriters in all genres will take the stage along Demonbreun and Division streets from noon-midnight Friday-Sunday at venues such as Aloft, Best Western Music Row, Citizens Bank Patio, Keeli's Co-Writers Corner, Otters, Soulshine Pizza Factory, the Studio 33 Tent, and The Row Kitchen & Pub.
The Best Western Music Row will host music industry booths and mentoring sessions from noon-6 p.m. Friday-Sunday. Attendees can receive hands-on advice, critiques and training on topics such as the craft of songwriting, recording techniques, publishing, song plugging, contracts, product development, audio podcast development, video production, management, and publicity.
"The 11th annual 'Nashville Songwriters Festival' is a wonderful way for performing songwriters to share their talents with fans, peers and the Nashville music industry," said Cornelius "Popcorn" Robertson, founder and coordinator of the event. "The festival will spotlight music creators from all genres and levels of the music industry -- from novice to pro. All of the shows are open to the general public."
Festival registration is $150 for three days, $110 for two days, and $60 for one day. The general public can enjoy three days of live music for $20. To register or for more information about attending the "Nashville Songwriters Festival on Music Row", visit www.songwritersfestival.org, send an email inquiry to email@example.com, or call (615) 424-1491.
Music industry trainers, exhibitors and sponsors include Blue Collar Productions, Global Radio Promotions, Radio Free Nashville 107.1 LPFM, Rayla Ray Music, Songtek Productions, Studio 33, Treasure Isle Recording, and Whiting Publicity & Promotions.
Highlights of the "Nashville Songwriters Festival on Music Row" are
* Music specialty areas for training on all aspects of the music industry from noon-6 p.m. daily at the Best Western Music Row.
* Featured and regular performances from noon-midnight daily at noted venues along Demonbreun and Division.
* A "Co-Writers Corner" in a special tent on Music Row.
* An "After-Hours Sing Ring" on Music Row.
* A "Lifetime Achievement Award" presentation honoring Boomer Castleman at 8 p.m. Saturday at the Studio 33 Tent.
* A "Blessing of the Songwriters" ceremony and presentation of the "Keys to Music Row" to 2013 Grand Master Allen Karl at 8 p.m. Saturday at the Studio 33 Tent.
* A festival Kick-off Party with live music from 5 p.m.-midnight Thursday (May 30) at the Best Western Music Row. The event will include a special "Tunesmithing" 10th anniversary show from 7-10 p.m. featuring hit songwriter Casey Kelley ("The Cowboy Rides Away"/George Strait).
* Kathy Louvin's "Positive Message Show" from 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Sunday at a tent across from the Best Western Music Row.
* Live streaming on the Internet by Mind Coup Productions.